DIY Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Costume


The school that I work at is having a Dr. Seuss Themed Literacy night. Since I am working a station with another teacher and already had this costume, I decided I would make my partner one as well. It is super easy and cheap!!! Hope you enjoy :)

Materials you will need:
  1. White Foam Sheet (Michael's)
  2. Red Koozie (Michael's)
  3. Headband
  4. White paper
  5. Hot glue gun






Step 1:

Find a cup that is bigger than the koozie and trace it on the foam sheet.



Step 2:

Cut the circle out.





Step 3:

Cut out two strips of paper that are a little less than an inch wide.



Step 4:

Hot glue both strips of paper around the koozie. I did trim the length of the strips just a little and just glued the ends down. I did not put glue all over the back, because you would see the glue through the paper.







Step 5:

Hot glue the koozie to the circle piece of white foam. Make sure to put it in the center before glueing it down.








Step 6:

Hot glue the hat to the handband, I glued mine about an inch or two from the center of the headband. I think it looks better on the side than sitting straight up on my head.







Now you can enjoy your new Cat in the Hat, mini hat! I have worn mine a couple of times since I made it a few years ago. This school year I wore it for Halloween and Dr. Seuss' Birthday. Below are a few pictures from Halloween. I added some whiskers on my face with liquid eyeliner and I found a sparkly bowtie from a previous costume. And with that I paired it with a red top and black leggings.








Until next time!

<3 Em





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy & Cheap Bridal Shower Prizes

How to Paint Laminate Countertops