How to Paint Laminate Countertops



Hey guys! So this past winter I bought a house that needed some major TLC. The room that seemed to need the most work was the kitchen. And with this being my first home I wanted to make it everything I wanted because I spend quite a lot of time in the kitchen. Because I had such a tight budget I was looking into various ways I could make my kitchen look like a million bucks without breaking the bank. I did three major improvements to the kitchen:


  1. Painted the cabinets white
  2. Painted the backsplash white
  3. Painted the countertops
Today I am going to talk about how I painted my ugly cream color countertops! I did a TON of research on painting countertops and narrowed down it down to a product that is seriously amazing!
I ended up going with DAICH SpreadStone Mineral Select 1 qt. Onyx Fog Countertop Refinishing Kit. It is only sold online and at Home Depot. One thing I will say that I hate myself for is that this actually goes on sale around Black Friday time for $75! So when I went to go order and it was its regular price of $125 I was a little upset with myself. But lesson learned the hard way. So I chose this product because I had watched several tutorials on it and really like how it looked compared to other kits. Also I picked the color because all of the walls in my house are a light gray color. 




So when it comes to painting your countertops, it will take at least 2 to 3 days, because of the drying process in between each layer/coat of paint. Also after reading numerous reviews it advised to not use your countertops for at least 7 days so all the paint could fully harden. 

Now when you get your kit it comes with everything you need to complete the painting process.

When starting the process follow the directions!!! They are very detailed and super simple to follow. They even have video tutorials on how to do it, which I watched several times. The only parts that were a pain were:
  1. Taping all the edges
  2. Sanding the entire countertop numerous times
  3. Painting corners, around the sink, and edges
  4. Vacumming after each time you sand
  5. WAITING
However after several days of painting, sanding, vacuuming, and waiting, you will be left with beautiful counters that were super cheap! 

Here are the before, during, and after photos of the countertops :)
 

Before








During





Now
(Only have a close up because I was cooking)





Until next time 

<3 Em

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Costume

Easy & Cheap Bridal Shower Prizes