I started this blog when I was a broke kid in college, now I am a teacher and have one year under my belt and many more to come :)
As a teacher who just finished her first year of teaching not too long ago, I would like to share a few things I learned during my first year:
- It's okay to ask a lot of questions.
- Write down everything!!
- STAY ORGANIZED.
- Do as much as you can during your planning period.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help!
- Try and have some alone time to decompress and smell the roses ;)
- Teachers have tons of resources, if you need something ask around before going out to buy something!
- When you are sick, take a day off.
- Sweet and caring notes/cards/emails really do mean a lot.
- Lesson planning is tedious,
- Last, but not least, have fun!
If you're a first year teacher I wish you could luck and happy planning!
Until next time